Monday, December 14, 2015

My Top 25 Christmas Recordings #11 Have a Holly Jolly Christmas (Burl Ives)

This song on it's own is nothing special and Burl Ives as a singer is ok but not someone I would go out of my way to see in concert (which would be hard to do anyway since I'm pretty sure he's dead). But put the two together and magic happens. Burl, we hear you and by golly we will have a  holly jolly Christmas this year. 

 
The list so far:
11. Have a Holly Jolly Christmas (Burl Ives)
12. Christmas Time Is Here (Vince Guaraldi Trio)
13. Christmas [Baby Please Come Home] (Darlene Love)
14. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen (Barenaked Ladies)
15. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (Judy Garland)
16. Deck the Halls (Mannheim Steamroller)
17. I'll Be Home for Christmas (Bing Crosby)
18. We Need a Little Christmas (Johnny Mathis)
19. There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays (The Carpenters)
20. Jingle Bell Rock (Buddy Helms)
21. I Saw Mama Kissing Santa Claus (The Jackson 5)
22. All I Want for Christmas (Mariah Carey)
23. O Holy Night (Josh Groban)
24. Santa Baby (Eartha Kitt)
25. Feliz Navidad (Jose Feliciano
 

No comments:

Post a Comment