Saturday, December 5, 2015

My Top 25 Christmas Recordings #20 Jingle Bell Rock (Buddy Helm)

This song carries a fair amount of nostalgia for me. My kindergarten class learned and performed this for the school Christmas program. There was a bit of drama though. Much to my consternation my older brother told me that I was singing a "rock" song. My parents frowned on rock and roll music and I being a loyal son shared their disapproval. My mother took me aside and assured me that I was not going to be participating in the devil's music. I can now enjoy this song with a clear conscience.


The list so far:
20. Jingle Bell Rock (Buddy Helms)
21. I Saw Mama Kissing Santa Claus (The Jackson 5)
22. All I Want for Christmas (Mariah Carey)
23. O Holy Night (Josh Groban)
24. Santa Baby (Eartha Kitt)
25. Feliz Navidad (Jose Feliciano




No comments:

Post a Comment