Sunday, December 6, 2015

My Top 25 Christmas Recordings #19 There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays (The Carpenters)

This was another tough decision. Perry Como's version of this song is terrific and deserves a spot on this list. But Karen Carpenter possessed one of the greatest singing voices in the history of recorded music and her brother was a gifted arranger and producer. The result here is a gorgeous take on a classic. ( I need a thesaurus. I've been using that word a lot.)

 
The list so far:
19. There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays (The Carpenters)
20. Jingle Bell Rock (Buddy Helms)
21. I Saw Mama Kissing Santa Claus (The Jackson 5)
22. All I Want for Christmas (Mariah Carey)
23. O Holy Night (Josh Groban)
24. Santa Baby (Eartha Kitt)
25. Feliz Navidad (Jose Feliciano

No comments:

Post a Comment