Monday, December 7, 2015

My Top 25 Christmas Recordings #18 We Need a Little Christmas (Johnny Mathis)

In the near future I plan on posting some of the near miss songs that could have or should have made my list. More than one of those are sung by Johnny Mathis. For some reason his voice seems to be particularly  conducive for the holiday season. His versions of Sleigh Ride, The Most Wonderful Time of the Year, and It's a Marshmallow World are all classics (there's that word again). But I believe this one is his best. If you have a touch of the holiday blahs listening to the following might just be the cure.

 
 
The list so far:
18. We Need a Little Christmas (Johnny Mathis)
19. There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays (The Carpenters)
20. Jingle Bell Rock (Buddy Helms)
21. I Saw Mama Kissing Santa Claus (The Jackson 5)
22. All I Want for Christmas (Mariah Carey)
23. O Holy Night (Josh Groban)
24. Santa Baby (Eartha Kitt)
25. Feliz Navidad (Jose Feliciano

No comments:

Post a Comment