Wednesday, December 9, 2015

My Top 25 Christmas Recordings #16 Deck the Halls (Mannheim Steamroller)

To be perfectly honest, if this list were just about my 25 favorite Christmas recordings, Mannheim Steamroller would probably fill about 20 of the slots. I thoroughly enjoy their fusion of electronic music and orchestration, of renaissance and contemporary. This song was my introduction to them and I was hooked from the first notes. When the strings hit at about the 2:30 mark I dare you to not get chills.

 
The list so far:
16. Deck the Halls (Mannheim Steamroller)
17. I'll Be Home for Christmas (Bing Crosby)
18. We Need a Little Christmas (Johnny Mathis)
19. There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays (The Carpenters)
20. Jingle Bell Rock (Buddy Helms)
21. I Saw Mama Kissing Santa Claus (The Jackson 5)
22. All I Want for Christmas (Mariah Carey)
23. O Holy Night (Josh Groban)
24. Santa Baby (Eartha Kitt)
25. Feliz Navidad (Jose Feliciano
 

No comments:

Post a Comment